About Life Coaching (Q & A's)
What is life coaching?
- Life coaching focuses on the present and the future
- It is solution-focused to help you determine and achieve personal and professional goals
- It is a collaborative partnership between you and your coach which gives you time out on a regular basis to think about YOU and what you really want out of life
- It helps you to see new perspectives on issues, and to take actions that will change your life for the better
- Life coaching provide clients with the tools and strategies to confidently face difficult situations, push past emotional barriers and eventually view life with fresh and hopeful eyes
- It is for people who want to succeed, and be even more successful than they already are!
What are the benefits of life coaching?
- Change of beliefs that no longer serve you
- Replace negative thoughts and behaviours with positive ones
- Create inner harmony and outer balance in your life
- Make tough decisions and solve challenging problems
- Identify your values and strengths
- Improve relationships with yourself and others
- Improve your health and wellbeing
- Boost your confidence
- Carve out more time for you
- Set and achieve exciting goals
- Enhance your emotional intelligence
- Achieve more than you thought possible
- Be more productive and use you time more effectively
- Create a balanced, happy and successful life
What is NLP?
It is an approach to communication, personal development, and psychotherapy created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in California, United States in the 1970s. Its creators claim a connection between the neurological processes ("neuro"), language ("linguistic") and behavioral patterns learned through experience ("programming") and that these can be changed to achieve specific goals in life.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is thought to be one of the most effective and accessible self-help methods to come from modern psychology. Many life coaches use NLP techniques to help 're-programme' clients' patterns of thinking and behaving.
How is life coaching different from counselling?
The fundamental difference between counselling and life coaching is that counselling usually investigates the roots and causes of potential mental health problems, whereas life coaching focuses mainly on the future to encourage personal-development and self-improvement.
Counselling focuses generally on the past, on an individual’s emotions and the counsellor is almost always considered the expert. Coaching is about the present and the future, it is focussed on goals, actions and outcomes and in the coaching relationship the coach and the client are equal partners.
How many life coaching sessions will I need?
You can have as many or as few life coaching sessions as you like. Sessions are scheduled to fit your lifestyle and budget. Some people hire a life coach once every few months, some people have a session once a week. It is entirely up to you to decide.
Why should I choose you?
I offer a safe, yet challenging, environment in which you can express your feelings, work out and examine your goals and explore possible barriers to progress.
As your life coach I will:
- Listen and try to really understand you and the issues you are struggling with
- Help you regain and maintain self-confidence and self-acceptance
- Explore and examine your skills, values, goals, interests and choices
- Explore barriers to progress
- Help you achieve a sense of life purpose
- Ask questions that can help you unlock your potential and gain a different perspective on life
- Help you live a fulfilled and authentic life
I aim to provide you with:
- A non-judgemental and confidential sounding board
- Effective tools and strategies
- Plenty of choice: times and duration; face-to-face, telephone or skype sessions
- Support via email in-between sessions
- Multiple and long-lasting benefits
- A practical and goal-orientated process
- Value for money